Playing casino games is a lot of fun, whether it is in the intoxicating environment brick and mortar versions provide, or the convenience that virtual casino do. The expectation of the jackpot win, and the excitement of landing the royal flush or 21 is what makes gambling as popular as it is. Online casino mathematics, however, are at the heart of the majority of games. While many are based almost totally on chance and luck, some, like blackjack, do involve a certain amount of skill, but an understanding of online casino mathematics will help you decide on the best bets and strategy for the big win.
The Mathematics of Online Roulette
Roulette is by far one of the most popular casino games in casinos worldwide, and is for this reason often portrayed in films as a feature of the glamorous lifestyles casinos offer players. The rapidly spinning wheel, with the ball bouncing around before finally coming to rest is able to generate a very specific sort of excitement in fans of the game. Once you begin to understand the online casino mathematics of roulette, however, you can begin to plot your way to bigger wins and fewer losses.
Roulette is not akin to blackjack, in that the landing of the ball is a matter of luck and chance, and not dependent on some action by the player beforehand.
How to Bet in Roulette
According to online casino mathematics, the payout ratio, should a player bet on one number, is 35 to one, which means that were you to bet $10 on the fact of the ball landing on the number eight, when it did so you would collect $350. Of course you could also lay a wager on the colour of the pocket being red or black, with only a one to one ratio due to the much higher probability of whatever outcome you select.
There are alternating slots of red and black numbering 36 on the wheel, along with two green, and so the odds of the ball landing on either red or black is a little less than one in two. There are 18 red slots, and, when one divides this by the total number of slots, 38, one reaches the total of 0.47, 47%. Online casino mathematics tells us that in this case, the chance of the ball landing on black or green is 0.53, giving the house a 53% advantage, not something to sneeze at when you have any amount of money relying on the outcome.
Put Online Casino Mathematics to Use
There is an idea of expected value at play in all casino games, including roulette. This has been defined as what a player can theoretically expect to win or lose if they repeat the same bet, in the case of roulette it would be $0.53 per spin. Take online casino mathematics into account the next time you spin the wheel, and lay your bets accordingly. You may be able to manipulate the odds to your advantage just as NRL bets online has to offer!